Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Enemy Within a review of CRASHING THE CHATTERBOX

If you have ever thought or said any of the following:
     What kind of Dad/Mom are you to do/say such a thing.
      Your are just like your Dad/Mom.
      Whats wrong with me, why can't I ever change, I keep doing this over and over again.
       How have I managed to ruin (pick the occasion) over something so small.
       I'm a failure I can't do anything right.
       or  any negative thought really
     THEN THIS BOOK IS FOR YOU..

  The Chatterbox referred to in this book is "that inner voice that holds the key to all your fears..the voice that hearld's doom, losing, and lack." It also spins  endless tales about the (what if's) awful things that might happen to us as well creating infinite illusions about the terrible way God will respond to us if we fail. This chatterbox is great at leveraging our sins against us.

This book is a MUST have and is very practical in helping the reader learn how to defeat this inner voice of negativity.It is great as both a personal and small group study and  includes a section of discussion questions to help with that. Steven Furtick is very transparent when using  personal examples, his goal is to help us all hear God's voice above all others especially this inner voice.

I received this book for the purpose of this review, which is my own, from Multnomah Books. Get this book and let's defeat the Chatterbox together.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment