Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sun Stand Still a book review

If you are satisfied and comfortable in your faith then this book isn't for you. If you are like me who after reading about God doing the impossible and said to yourself how come I never experience God doing that for me, then this book is for you. The author's purpose in writing the book is to show us that we can and should have what he calls audacious faith (the kind of faith that dares to believe God for the impossible as a normal way of life). The title comes from Joshua 10 when Joshua prayed for more daylight to help him in winning the battle and the sun stood still. The author shows us how we as Christians should and can live this audacious faith. His premise is based on who God is,what He's already done, and what He will continue to do.The part that spoke to me the most was when we focus on our past sins/mistakes, we miss out on future victories. We need to face it, repent of it and move on to our next victory. I believe the author's premise is solid Biblically. So lets go live in this audacious faith. I received this book from Multnomah publishers for the review of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment